Monday, July 2, 2007

To-Do List

One week ago today, I apparently had very lofty ideas! :) Why does everything seem to take longer than you think? Everyone needs more time. Hmm… maybe I’m just hard on myself since I really didn’t get done what I had planned to this weekend. Yet, looking back over my original to-do list, I have completed more than half of it. So, that makes me feel better. Oh, I also need to add a few things that I have completed, but they weren't on the list!

However, I realize that one important piece isn’t done – going through the data. Without that I realize that it will be a bit difficult to actually accomplish the other items done.

I’ll also be adding to my list since today I want to head to the library to find a some more recent articles on writing groups. It shouldn’t be too difficult – just time consuming. Again, the issue of time. Maybe I’m just annoyed since I feel like I lost six hours of time when I couldn’t sleep.

Completed
☼revisit my initial research question
☼read what I wrote after the interview
☼added an addendum to the initial interview write up [I wonder how much work this needs?]
☼read Acts of Revision
☼decide what I really want to know [is this ever really decided?]
☼refine RQ: [adding the what happens, how, and what is… from the T-R book]
☼review Peter Elbow’s Writing Without Teachers

Still To-Do
*go through all of my data --both online and in paper format -- combing for some sort of pattern *define terms [constructive feedback, purpose of writing group,
*have a rough article by the end of the institute
[I'm thinking the interview write up might be able to go somewhere?]
*outline for the conference presentation

The Plan
Today – library articles
Tonight – data analysis
Tomorrow –with the help of our open activity outline conference/demo/paper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacey, your completed list is pretty impressive! I wish mine looked like that. I appreciate that you're setting such a good model for those of us waiting at the siding in Slackerville ;)