Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Revision

Today during AI, Rebecca and Renee lead us through a great activity prompted by Teacher Researchers at Work. It really made me think more about my research question -- and the questions I have about the question! [Argh, but in a good way!] Here's the latest revision:

How can I help students provide constructive feedback to their writing group?

☼ what happens when I connect students' life experiences to constructive feedback?
☼ how do students' life experiences affect constructive feedback?
☼ what is constructive feedback?
☼ what is a writing group? [really -- what is the purpose of a writing group?]
☼ what is revision?

These last few days of AI I've seemed to be left with more questions about my research and the direction I am going. While The Art of Revision began with several ideas that I really liked, the rest of the chapters --while helpful in overall writing instruction, and I will use several of the new ideas presented -- weren't quite what I had in mind. Tomorrow I'm headed to the library with several search terms in hand. Cross your fingers!

I also have Researcher's Chair tomorrow. It's not something I'm concerned about, but I really want to make certain I glean ;) as much knowledge as possible from my fellow AI participants. Yet, since I'm feeling befuddled by my own inexperience, I'm not quite sure what to ask from the class.

No comments: